We can't wait to create your dream brows with you! Before we get started we have a few prep instructions for you!
The right pre-care and aftercare can truly make a MASSIVE difference in the results.
To help you in your procedure, we are providing a formula that will help you get the best results possible.
If you’ve ever hired a professional painter, they will tell you that “it’s all in the prep”. Professional painters know that they get the best results when they spend extra time sanding, filling holes, making sure edges are smooth and applying the right primer.
Well, cosmetic tattooing is very similar. You will get much better results when you properly prepare the area.
It all starts with a good canvas! The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive, and non-irritated. Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure:
· Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before the procedure
· Do not tan two weeks prior to the service, or have a sunburned face
· Do not have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to the procedure
· Do not work out the day of the procedure
· Do not have Botox/Dysport 2 weeks prior to the procedure
· Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior to the procedure (they are natural blood thinners)
· Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days prior to the procedure.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
· Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo
· Do not consume coffee before your procedure
· Do not take an Aspirin or Ibuprofen for pain relief (these also thin the blood)
We would love if you could come to your appointment makeup free if possible.
Now that you know what NOT to do, it’s time to share my secret recipe for getting amazing results! It's all in the aftercare.
Here’s an acronym to help you out, just think of: A - W - M: Absorb, Wash, and Moisturize!
The day of the treatment: ABSORB
After the procedure, gently blot the area with clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Blot as necessary for the full day until the oozing has stopped. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymphatic fluids.
Days 1-7: WASH
Wash daily to remove bacteria, build-up of product and oils, and dead skin. (Don't worry, THIS DOES NOT REMOVE THE PIGMENT!)
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an antibacterial soap like Cetaphil or QV. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, retinol, lactic, or AHA), or exfoliants.
Days 1-7: MOISTURISE
Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over-apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. NEVER put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
AWM should have you covered, but here are some extra tips to help with a smooth and easy recovery:
· Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep.
· Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour.
· No facials, chemical treatments for 2 weeks.
· Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for 48 hours.
· Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
· Avoid long, hot showers for the first 10 days.
· Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
· Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
· Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area.
· DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine, you will have much better results with your microblading procedure. Don’t forget your new favourite acronym: AWM - Absorb, Wash, Moisturize!
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet only at the end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
SEE YOU SOON GORGEOUS! XO